Human Resources Advisor (12-month parental leave cover)
Location: Central Bristol
Total reward package: Dependent on experience
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) requires a Human Resources Advisor (HRA) for a 12-month contract covering a period of parental leave.
The HR Advisor (HRA) is responsible for supporting the delivery of a wide range of people activities and procedures across the company. The HRA will act as the first line advisor to employees and support the HR Business Partner (HRBP) in all areas of operational HR, including HR administration.
The individual will be required to cover all aspects of HR, such as recruitment, wellbeing, HR policies, exits, and onboarding.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the delivery of key activities at a recognised leader in Responsible Investment. Our progress in our first few years has been built on our values and culture of responsibility, courage, partnership, and passion; and on our wide-ranging investment principles, whereby we are forging better futures by investing for a world worth living in. This role will assist with building on that progress and help lead Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) through the next stage of our development.
Brunel is strongly committed to diversity and fosters a positive and inclusive work environment. Brunel welcomes a diversity of applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We seek candidates who embrace Brunel’s values, including our Responsible Investment values.
The ‘perfect candidate’ rarely exists, even on paper. If you are excited by the prospect of working for Brunel and have most of the skills or experience, we’re looking for, do just go ahead and apply. You may be a far better candidate than you realise!
- Analysing a company’s day-to-day operations and producing relevant MI reports
- Providing advice to employees and management where appropriate on HR policy and HR-related issues
- Promoting and administering employee policies
- Identifying ways to improve existing policies and procedures
- Driving recruitment campaigns and support HRBP where required e.g. adverts, interviewing and administration
- Advising on company benefits packages and taking ownership of external relationships, such as with Health Providers
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with companies for future jobs
- Advising, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Updating and maintaining the HR Information System (Cezanne)
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
- Championing Brunel’s diversity programme
- Maintaining and monitoring office supply stock levels, working closely with the finance team to ensure keeping within budget
- Maintaining HR templates, forms, processes and document library to ensure they are fit for purpose and relevant
- Ensuring HR records are kept up to date and accurately recorded within SharePoint and HR Hub
- Supporting the HRBP to manage the HR inbox to action ad hoc HR activities as they come in
- Good working knowledge of human resources and employment law
- Business management skills such as influencing and effective communication
- Strong knowledge of recruitment and onboarding processes and best practice
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- The ability to use initiative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- The ability to motivate staff and manage complex situations
- Professionalism and an overall positive attitude
Skills and Qualifications
- CIPD Level 3 and/or relevant experience – Required
- Experience in Human Resources – Required
- Experience with Cezanne – Desired
How to apply:
To express formal interest, please e-mail [email protected] quoting reference BPP/HRA. Interviews are likely to be held in late May/early June.