Investment Operations Officer
Location: central Bristol
Total reward package: Dependent on experience
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) is looking for an Investment Operations Officer (IOO). This role would suit someone who has gained some industry experience and looking to progress. The individual will implement, support, provide oversight for and develop an efficient Investment Operational environment. The IOO will provide an essential link between senior management and the day-to-day operations of Brunel’s investment services, playing a critical role in the provision of Brunel’s services to its clients.
Our motivation lies in our aim to forge better futures by investing for a world worth living in. As a local government pension pool, we make long-term, sustainable investments on behalf of our clients. By using our collective expertise, we seek to set an example for the industry, and to use our voice arguing for broader change. We are proud to be a recognised leader in Responsible Investment, and a driving force behind structural change in the financial industry.
Values come first at Brunel. How we do our work is less important than why we do it. In fact, we believe that how we do our work will flow out of why we work. We always seek to live by our values;
- Responsibility – We prioritise our duty of care to our stakeholders.
- Courage – We make bold decisions and blaze new trails to achieve progress.
- Partnership – We empower people through culture, community & coordination.
- Passion – Our shared belief in what we do will always be the key to our success.
We want to attract people from all backgrounds, as we value diverse experiences and understand that they help create an environment where everyone is welcome. The ‘perfect candidate’ rarely exists, even on paper. If the idea of working for Brunel excites you and have most of the skills or experience, we are looking for – go ahead and apply. You may be a far better candidate than you realise!
Duties specific to Investment Operations Officer:
The IOO will work closely with the Head of Investment Operations & the Investment Operations team to provide efficient, robust and controlled Investment Operations to ensure the delivery of Brunel’s Portfolios. Being engaged in the oversight of listed and private market investments, with a focus on the latter which represents c. £8bn.
- Undertake a range of Investment Operations activities within Brunel including coordinating outsourced activities:
- Cash management, treasury, private market call support
- Trade and settlement cycle across markets
- Reconciliations and the control environment
- Position keeping & valuations
- Supporting the Investment team in the selection and running of services
- Support the Head of Investment Operations with the oversight of Brunel external Administrators and supporting the COO in their responsibility for Brunel’s outsourcing obligations as an FCA-regulated Investment Manager.
- To support operational due diligence reviews of third-party managers, ensuring we understand and control our value chain.
- Implementing and supporting change programmes on behalf of the Investment Operations team, including both business and systems requirements.
- Protection, development, and continuous improvement of Brunel’s operational control model. Including knowledge of Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and business MI production.
- Support Brunel’s Property Dealing framework (inc. redemptions), building and nurturing relationships with 3rd party brokers and consultants.
- To support good governance of Investment Operations activity.
- To deliver year end and fund cost reporting to clients, explaining manager fees and charges over time, as well as facilitating audit queries.
Duties as part of the Brunel Team:
The duties as part of the Brunel team for the Investment Operations officer are:
- Maintain the skills, knowledge, and expertise to effectively and compliantly execute the relevant allocated duties.
- Support Brunel in its delivery of excellent service to its clients, whether directly, or indirectly.
- Actively support Brunel’s diversity programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives.
- Can, and will, embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture.
- Have experience within an Investment Operations role within an FCA-regulated Investment Manager or Asset Servicer.
- Have strong knowledge of the trade lifecycle of asset classes in private markets.
- Understand unitised funds and the dealing process.
- Have experience of working with or within outsourced Investment Operations and has knowledge of service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Can deal pragmatically with complex problems to ensure all matters can be addressed with optimal, evidence-based, solutions.
- Is skilled and experienced in working with project structures.
- Is highly numerate and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Is detail-oriented and considered a “completer-finisher”.
- Are an embracer of diversity.
How to apply
To express formal interest, please email mail to: [email protected] quoting reference BPP/IoO. Interviews are likely to be held in August / September.