Brunel Investment Operations Graduate
Location: central Bristol
Total reward package: dependent on experience
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) has recently launched a new Graduate Scheme and is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Investment Operations team on a two-year rotational basis.
Our progress in our first few years has been built on our values and culture of responsibility, courage, partnership and passion; and on our wide-ranging investment principles, whereby we are forging better futures by investing for a world worth living in. We are looking to develop talent that shares our values and has commitment to our vision.
The position enables candidates to gain experience at a recognised leader in sustainable investing, to receive ongoing training as well as support from an experienced team, and to work for a company where flexible working is part of the culture.
The ‘perfect candidate’ rarely exists, even on paper. If you are excited by the prospect of working for Brunel and have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, do just go ahead and apply. You may be a far better candidate than you realise!
Brunel is strongly committed to diversity and fosters a positive and inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from candidates of different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, age, marital status or disability status. We seek candidates who embrace Brunel’s values, including our Responsible Investment values.
Duties as part of the Brunel Team:
- Learn and develop skills, knowledge and expertise to understand Brunel business/products to be able to support in a compliant way the relevant allocated duties
- Work with a purpose to service and understand the needs of our end clients as well as internal teams and colleagues
- Adhere to Brunel principles and ethos, by taking part in, or actively showing interests in company-led responsible initiatives
Duties specific to the Graduate Role:
Within the Investment Operations team:
- Learn the different investments supported by the team and their dealing life cycles with a view to help the team members in participating in and overseeing the processes. (i.e. trading, settlement, treasury management)
- Protect and adhere to the team’s operational control model
- Support the team in administrative tasks such as fee management and year end reporting
Within the Compliance team:
- Develop one’s understanding of regulations and regulators, including reporting
- Develop understanding of the three lines of defence model
- Understand Brunel risk model and framework and how this is applied to the business, understand and review risk event reporting, and be involved in natural committee reporting cycles
- Focus on operational risk understanding how the second and third line provide assurance on 1st line work
Within the Client Relationship team:
- Support the team with clients’ requests and communications around dealing
- Understand Brunel’s client base, how they operate and make investments
- Build relationships across the client base and internal business
- Support client service and product development with investment ops and across Brunel teams
- Embraces and protects Brunel’s values and culture
- Is a strong communicator with excellent presentational and written skills
- Embraces diversity and responsible investment
- Genuine interest in the financial sector and stewardship
- Practical and hands on, comfortable working with large data sets
- Numeracy literate, comfortable with valuation processes and accounting principles.
- Willing to work hard but have fun learning!
How to apply
To express formal interest, please email [email protected] quoting reference BPP/GradScheme. Interviews are likely to be held in April 2023.