Portfolio Analyst – Listed Markets
Location: Central Bristol
Total reward package: Dependent on experience
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) requires a Portfolio Analyst to supports the delivery of Investment Services, playing a critical role in the provision of Brunel’s services to its clients.
Our progress in our first few years has been built on our values and culture of responsibility, courage, partnership and passion; and on our wide-ranging investment principles, whereby we are forging better futures by investing for a world worth living in.
The position enables candidates to gain experience at a recognised leader in sustainable investing, to receive ongoing training as well as support from an experienced team, and to work for a company where flexible working is part of the culture.
This role will assist with building on that progress and help lead Brunel through the next stage of our development.
The ‘perfect candidate’ rarely exists, even on paper. If you are excited by the prospect of working for Brunel and have most of the skills or experience, we are looking for, do just go ahead and apply. You may be a far better candidate than you realise!
Brunel is strongly committed to diversity and fosters a positive and inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from candidates of every ethnicity, gender, sexuality and age. We also seek candidates who embrace Brunel’s values, including our Responsible Investment values.
Duties as part of the Brunel Team:
- Maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to effectively and compliantly execute the relevant allocated duties.
- Deliver directly, or indirectly, with the Brunel colleagues, excellent service to its clients.
- Actively support Brunel’s diversity programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives.
Duties specific to Portfolio Analyst:
- Leveraging quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and techniques to support market and manager research
- Responsible for monitoring the assigned portfolios and for supporting portfolio management activities
- Source new ideas to meet known client requirements and, leveraging market and client knowledge, to pre-empt requirements and provide innovative solutions.
- Provision of clear and timely insights and recommendations for the portfolios.
- Coordination of, and attendance at, manager due diligence meetings.
- Maintenance of records supporting monitoring and due diligence activities.
- Responsible for the generation of commentary and insight for periodic client and regulatory reporting.
- Accountable for reporting and research as required for the Listed Markets Investment Team, Investment Committee, and Investment Risk Committee.
- Responsible for thorough manager selection, due diligence and portfolio construction analysis across the assigned Brunel’s portfolios.
- Provision of general support across the Investment Directorate to ensure the delivery of performance.
- Building and maintenance of productive relationships between Brunel and its stakeholders including asset management organisations, clients, consultants, and wider investment market participants to:
- Understand their product offerings and their application to the requirements of Brunel and its clients; and
- Create bespoke products and innovative solutions, where appropriate.
- This role may involve UK travel, mainly London, and occasional international travel.
- Can, and will, embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture.
- Experience in a manager research position, ideally within a regulated environment, to undertake manager selection, due diligence and monitoring.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of approaches to portfolio construction.
- Is highly numerate with proficiency in statistical and quantitative techniques.
- Ability to understand new investment developments, based on a broad knowledge of multiple asset classes, as well as asset pooling regimes.
- Holds an investment qualification; CFA or similar preferred.
- Is a strong communicator with excellent presentational and written skills.
- Embracer of diversity.
How to apply
To express formal interest, please email [email protected] quoting reference BPP/PALM. Interviews are likely to be held in May / June