Head of Operations
Location: Central Bristol
Total reward package: Dependent on experience
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) requires a Head of Operations (HoO) to lead and support three essential business functions: Investment Operations across both Private & Listed Markets; Change Management and IT.
The Head of Operations’ role is varied and challenging, providing input into Strategic decisions, working closely with the COO validating and implementing changes to the ever-evolving Target Operating Model, at a progressive multi-manager. A key element of the role will also be the senior management of critical outsourced relationships and technology.
This is a senior role at a recognised leader in Responsible Investing, with pension money at scale, from open schemes taking active risk. The UK is relatively early in it’s pension pooling journey, and this position will allow you to influence the direction and outcome through design and implementation of new or enhanced structures, systems and processes to support Brunel and our clients.
Our motivation lies in our aim to forge better futures by investing for a world worth living in. As a local government pension pool, we make long-term, sustainable investments on behalf of our clients. By using our collective expertise, we seek to set an example for the industry, and to use our voice arguing for broader change.
We want to attract people from all backgrounds, as we value diverse experiences and understand that they help create an environment where everyone is welcome. The ‘perfect candidate’ rarely exists, even on paper. If the idea of working for Brunel excites you and have most of the skills or experience, we are looking for – go ahead and apply. You may be a far better candidate than you realise!
At Brunel we understand that everyone is different. That’s why we offer a flexible approach to working that supports our people in ways that are meaningful and allows them to have fun too.
Duties specific to Head of Operations:
- Work closely with the COO on the Target Operating Model, ensuring the strategic direction aligns with the operating model of the business.
- Lead, alongside the Head of Investment Operations the delivery of critical services, including outsourced activities for both Private Markets & Listed Markets asset classes, where Brunel acts as a multi-manager.
- Provide leadership & support to the change management function, keeping stakeholders actively engaged and supporting the prioritisation of the Brunel change roadmap.
- Act as sponsor of specific change initiatives, driving forward key projects, such as changes to critical service providers or new technology.
- Provide leadership to the IT/Systems team, supporting the refinement and implementation of IT & data strategy, safeguarding Brunel from cyber threats and developing services.
- Own Brunel’s procurement, outsourcing and vendor management policy and framework (not including the investment performance of third-party managers). Manage third-parties within a well-defined governance framework, ensuring that third-party contracts are operating effectively and within our risk appetite.
- Deputise for the COO where appropriate.
- Lead good governance and a suitable control environment of Investment Operations, Change and IT/Systems activity.
- Maintain awareness of trends and opportunities that would allow Brunel to operate more efficiently and with greater controls and commerciality.
- Maintain a continuous improvement culture.
Duties as part of the Brunel Team:
- Support Brunel in its delivery of excellent service to its clients, whether directly, or indirectly.
- Actively support Brunel’s diversity programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives.
- Embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture
- Have previously held a Certified Manger role (or equivalent) within Operations, under the FCA’s SMCR
- Have 5+ years’ experience in leadership roles in Operations, ideally within a multi-manager. This could be in a range of Investment Operations, third party oversight, technology, change management, client servicing positions – a variety of experience will be an advantage
- Be able to build strong relationships across the business, with clients and key stakeholders
- Have experience of working with or within outsourced Operations environments and experience in contract management.
- Demonstrate a solid base in project management, documentation and principles
- Collaborate in a positive and constructive manner in order to meet business needs
- Provide a working knowledge of IT infrastructure and data, internally and in an outsourced environment.
- Embrace diversity
How to apply
To express formal interest, please email mail to: [email protected] quoting reference BPP/HoOps. Interviews are likely to be held in May/June