Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) has an exciting opening for an Investment Operations Officer (IOO) to implement, support and develop an efficient Investment Operational environment. The IOO will support management relating to day-to-day operations of Brunel’s investment services, playing a critical role in the provision of Brunel’s services to its Clients.
This role will at times involve European travel. The role will be focused on private markets, so any level of experience regarding private markets and property will be a real bonus.
Brunel is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity. By taking an inclusive approach we aim to attract a pool of candidates with a breadth of talents and experiences.
Principle Reporting Lines
The IOO will report to the Head of Investment Operations (HoIO).
The IOO will work closely with the HoIO and the Investment Operations team to provide efficient, robust and controlled Investment Operations to ensure the delivery of Brunel’s Portfolios. Specifically focusing on the oversight of private market investments including property.
Duties as part of the Brunel team
- Support of the senior management team in their design and implementation of Brunel’s strategic objectives
- Maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to effectively and compliantly execute the relevant allocated duties
- Deliver directly, or indirectly, with the Brunel’s Senior Management Team and colleagues, excellent service to its Clients
- Actively support Brunel’s diversity programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives
Duties specific to the IOO
- Facilitate the execution of all Investment Operations activities within Brunel, including outsourced activities:
- Cash management and unit dealing
- Trade and settlement cycle
- Reconciliations and the control environment
- Position keeping & valuations
- Operational due diligence
- Supporting the Investment team in the selection and running of services
- Support the HoIO in the oversight of Brunel Private Market Investment Administrators and supporting the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in their responsibility for Brunel’s outsourcing obligations as an FCA-regulated Investment Manager. Whilst this role is focused on Private Markets, there will be the need to apply oversight principles to Listed Markets investments also
- Support operational due diligence reviews of third-party managers, ensuring we understand and control our value chain
- Ensure the Investment Operations mandate is responsible for leading and/or supporting change programmes through to implementation. This will cover both business and systems requirements
- Protection, development and continuous improvement of Brunel’s operational control model
- Build Brunel’s Property Dealing framework, building and nurturing relationships with third party brokers and consultants
- Support good governance of Investment Operations activity
- Deliver fund cost reporting to clients, explaining manager fees and charges over time
Skills and experience
- Can, and will, embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture
- Experience within an Investment Operations management role within an FCA-regulated Investment Manager or Asset Servicer
- Strong knowledge of the trade lifecycle of asset classes in private markets
- Knowledge of unitised funds and the dealing process in listed markets
- Has experience of working with or within outsourced Investment Operations and has knowledge of service level agreements and key performance indicators
- Can deal pragmatically with complex problems to ensure all matters can be addressed with optimal, evidence-based solutions
- Is skilled and experienced in working with project structures
- Is highly numerate and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Is detail-oriented and considered a “completer-finisher”
- Embracer of diversity
In the first instance, please email your CV, cover letter and completed diversity questionnaire to to [email protected] with the subject line as ‘IOO app’ by 17:00 GMT on Wednesday 11 December 2019.
Back to news articles