***CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS***
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) requires an Assistant Investment Officer (AIO) to support the delivery of Investment Services, playing an important role in the provision of Brunel’s services to its Clients.
This role may involve infrequent UK travel, mainly to London. The role will be based at our Bristol offices.
Brunel is committed to celebrating and promoting diversity. By taking an inclusive approach we aim to attract a pool of candidates with a breadth of talents and experiences.
Principle Reporting Lines
The AIO will report to one of the two Investment Officers (IO) or one of the two Investment Principals for Private Markets (IPPM), however, they will work with the entire Investment Directorate on a daily basis.
The successful applicant will work closely with the IOs and IPPMs to deliver a series of Risk and Return Portfolios for Brunel Clients.
Duties as part of the Brunel team
- Maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to effectively and compliantly execute the relevant allocated duties
- Deliver directly, or indirectly, with the Brunel colleagues, excellent service to its Clients
- Actively support Brunel’s diversity programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives
Duties specific to an AIO
- Using quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and techniques to support market and manager research
- Support to the wider Private Markets team for thorough manager selection, due diligence and monitoring across the assigned Brunel’s Portfolios
- Support the development of new ideas and approach to improve portfolios or meet Client requirements through analysis and research
- Coordination of and attendance at manager due diligence meetings, as well as support in expanding the Brunel manager network
- Maintenance of records supporting launch, monitoring and due diligence activities
- Responsible for the generation of commentary and insight for periodic Client reporting, and liaison with wider Brunel teams to coordinate the timely completion of reporting requirements
- Provision of general support across the Investment Directorate to ensure the delivery of performance
Skills and experience
- Can, and will, embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture
- Experience within the investment decision and management process, either at an FCA-regulated Investment Manager or within an asset owner
- Holds an understanding of approaches to Portfolio construction
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of statistical and quantitative techniques
- Holds, or is willing to work towards, an investment qualification; CFA or similar preferred
- Is detail-oriented and considered a “completer-finisher”
- Is a strong communicator with excellent presentation and writing skills
- Embracer of diversity
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct authority as a full-service MiFID firm. We are responsible for c. £30bn of assets of our 10 Local Government Pensions Scheme (LGPS) funds, who are our shareholders. We are seeking to combine the professionalism and best practice of a leading investment firm with the long-term perspective of a responsible asset owner.
In the first instance, please email your CV and cover letter and completed diversity questionnaire to to [email protected] with the subject line as ‘AIO PM’ by 17:00 GMT on Friday 6 December 2019.
Back to news articles