***CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS***
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) requires a Senior Investment Operations Officer (SIOO) to implement, lead and develop an efficient Investment Operational environment. The SIOO will support management relating to day-to-day operations of Brunel’s investment services, playing a critical role in the provision of Brunel’s services to its Clients.
The deadline for applications is 5pm GMT on Thursday 18 April 2019.
This role may at times involve European travel.
Principle Reporting Lines
The SIOO will report to the Head of Investment Operations (HoIO).
The SIOO will work closely with the HoIO to provide efficient, robust and controlled Investment Operations to ensure the delivery of Brunel’s Portfolios.
Duties as part of the Brunel Team
- Support of the senior management team in their design and implementation of Brunel’s strategic objectives.
- Maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to effectively and compliantly execute the relevant allocated duties.
- Deliver directly, or indirectly, with the Brunel’s Senior Management Team and colleagues, excellent service to its Clients.
- Actively support Brunel’s diversity programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives.
Duties specific to the SIOO
- Responsible for facilitating the execution of the all Investment Operations activities within Brunel including those activities outsourced:
- Cash management and unit dealing
- Trade and settlement cycle
- Reconciliations and the control environment
- Position keeping & valuations
- Operational due diligence
- Supporting the Investment team in the selection and running of services
- Support the HoIO in the oversight of all Brunel Administrators and supporting the COO in their responsibility for Brunel’s outsourcing obligations as an FCA-regulated Investment Manager. This applies across Private and Listed Markets
- To support operational due diligence reviews of third-party managers, ensuring we understand and control our value chain.
- For the Investment Operations mandate to be responsible for leading and/or supporting change programmes through to implementation. This will cover both business and systems requirements.
- To be an active member of the Brunel Operations Committee, taking a role in the definition of policies and procedures that satisfy Brunel strategic goals.
- Protection, development and continuous improvement of Brunel’s operational control model.
- To support good governance of Investment Operations activity.
- To deliver fund cost reporting to clients, explaining manager fees and charges over time.
Skills and experience
- Can, and will, embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture.
- Experience within an Investment Operations management role within an FCA-regulated Investment Manager or Asset Servicer.
- Strong knowledge of the trade lifecycle of all asset classes in both listed and private markets.
- Knowledge of unitised funds and the dealing process
- Has experience of working with or within outsourced Investment Operations and has knowledge of service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Can deal pragmatically with complex problems to ensure all matters can be addressed with optimal, evidence-based, solutions.
- Is skilled and experienced in working with project structures.
- Is highly numerate and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Is detail-oriented and considered a “completer-finisher”.
- Embracer of diversity.
Brunel Pension Partnership is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct authority as a full-service MiFID firm. We are responsible for c. £30bn of assets of our 10 Local Government Pensions Scheme (LGPS) funds, who are our shareholders. We are seeking to combine the professionalism and best practice of a leading investment firm with the long-term perspective of a responsible asset owner.
In the first instance, please email your CV and cover letter to J[email protected] by 5pm GMT on Thursday 18 April 2019.
Back to news articles