***CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS***
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) requires a Project Support Officer (PSO) to enable the business to co-ordinate and support the projects which define Brunel, an FCA regulated full scope MiFID investment firm.
This will be a fixed-term contract of up to two years in duration. Salary range is £30k-35k per annum.
Closing date for applications is Monday 11 February.
The Programme scope is wide ranging, comprising the establishment of client services of an FCA regulated full scope MiFID investment firm and operational enabling projects. The strategic programme is defined and being tracked to milestones, projects include for example:
- IT & Systems innovation and implementation of major outsourced procurement projects
- Improvement Projects for Business and Corporate Services
- Preparation and launch of new investment products
This role may involve occasional UK-based travel.
Principle Reporting Lines
The PSO will report to the Programme Manager (PM)
The PSO will be part of the Operations Directive.
The PSO will not have any direct reports.
Duties specific to the Project Support Officer:
- The Project Support Officer (PSO) will be supporting the Programme Manager (PM) in providing structure across change initiatives. The PSO will have day to day responsibility for Project documentation
- Assist the PM in maintaining a controlled and successful Programme ensuring that Project Owners and resources within the Programmes are working to set practices and standards and providing organisational support
- Maintain Programme Document Library, Project Status Reports, RAIDD Logs, and Administer change control Management, producing multi-project reports, updating project and programme plans, monitoring progress and escalating issues – ensuring planning standards are met. Tracking Brunel Milestones and supporting communications to all staff
- Assist the PM in maintaining Programme Controls and in producing monthly Programme Summary reports, for Executive Committee and other appropriate governance bodies, and assist with the compilation of management reports. Risk Management
- Assist Project Owners with maintaining their Project Plans and highlighting the interdependencies of all the projects running within the Programme. Preparing the highlight reports. Liaising with individual Project and Team Managers
- Assist the PM in providing knowledgeable support on all topics from finances to project status to those that need it, both within the Programme and other parts of the organisation
Skills and experience:
- Prince 2 Foundation or APM (Mandatory)
- Can, and will, embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture
- Experience of partnering with business sponsors in defining and delivering operational and finance product projects and preferably Investment Management programmes
- Strong track record of supporting the delivery of complex Projects
- Demonstrate experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, bringing structure and rigour to projects
- Can deal pragmatically with complex problems to ensure all matters can be addressed with optimal, evidence-based, solutions
- Is proficient in Microsoft Project or equivalent project management tools alongside other Microsoft office tools
- Is accurate and detail-oriented and considered a “completer-finisher” and is able to keep at least 1 step in advance
- Embracer of diversity and change
In the first instance, please contact Sarah Howard-Ames, Programme Manager, on [email protected] with a subject line of Project Support Officer Application or Project Support Officer Query. If applying for the role, please include your CV and cover letter.
Back to news articles