***CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS***
Brunel Pension Partnership Limited (Brunel) requires a Project Support Officer (PSO) to enable the business to co-ordinate and consolidate the projects which make up the start-up phase of Brunel, an FCA-regulated full scope MiFID investment firm. The role will be based at our offices in Bristol.
This is a three-month contract with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
The Programme scope is large, comprising the establishment of client services of an FCA-regulated full scope MiFID investment firm. The strategic programme is defined and being tracked to milestones. Projects include:
- operational readiness (including the development of order management systems and advice frameworks)
- preparation of a new Authorised Contractual Scheme (ACS) for active equity portfolios
- preparation for providing Private Markets portfolios
This role may involve occasional UK-based travel.
Principle Reporting Lines
The PSO will report to the Project Management Officer and be sponsored by the Chief Operating Officer.
The PSO will be part of the Operations Directive.
The PSO will not have any direct reports.
Duties specific to the Project Support Officer
- The Project Support Officer (PSO) will be supporting the Project Management Officer (PMO) in providing structure across change initiatives. The PSO will have day to day responsibility for Project documentation, Updating project plans, monitoring progress and escalating issues
- Assist the PMO in maintaining a controlled and successful Programme ensuring that Project Managers and resources within the Programme are working to set practices and standards and providing organisational support
- Maintain Programme Document Library, Project Status Reports, RAIDD Logs, and Change Control Process
- Assist the PMO in maintaining Programme Controls and in producing monthly Programme Exco reports
- Assist Project Managers with Maintaining their Project Plans and highlighting the interdependencies of all the projects running within the Programme
- Assist the PMO in providing knowledgeable support on all topics from finances to project status to those that need it, both within the Programme and other parts of the organisation
Required skills and experience
- Prince 2 Foundation or APM (Mandatory)
- Can, and will, embrace and protect Brunel’s values and culture
- Experience of partnering with business sponsors in defining and delivering Investment Management programmes
- Strong track record of supporting the delivery of complex projects
- Demonstrate experience working in a dynamic environment, bringing structure and rigour to projects
- Can deal pragmatically with complex problems to ensure all matters can be addressed with optimal, evidence-based, solutions
- Is proficient in Microsoft Project or equivalent project management tools
- Is detail-oriented and considered a “completer-finisher”
- Embracer of diversity
In the first instance, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 5pm GMT on Wednesday 31 October 2018.
Back to news articles